Dear Prayer Partners,
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers concerning the summer missionaries. Every summer seems to take a shape of its own, and this summer is going to be the same. There are 5 teens who have been accepted to work with CEF this summer, and I am encouraged by the group that has been called to share the Gospel with children. In addition to the teens, there are a number of adults who are going to fill-in as needed, so that we can reach as many children as possible.
- Psalm 8: 1-2 says, "O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise...." In Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee Counties, the Lord's name is praised by the children! At the end of March almost 9,000 children heard the Gospel in the Good News Club and there have been 989 salvations! Praise God for the children who have been reached with the Gospel and who received Jesus as their personal Savior.
- Praise God for over 1,608 volunteers who served this past year in the Good News Club. God provided willing volunteers who attended trainings, prepared weekly, and served faithfully.
- Praise God for the partnerships with local churches to adopt elementary schools. Through these churches, 99 elementary schools and 17 community centers had a Good News Club.
- Pray God will show favor to us as we meet with more pastors concerning partnerships for the fall. Pray for additional volunteers who will seize this opportunity and commit to serving in the Good News Club.
- Not all children are able to stay after school for a Good News Club and yet we know its God's will to reach all children. Sharing the Gospel with children who can't stay after school is one way this ministry can be expanded. Pray for us as we seek God's direction to reach more children in our community.
- We met with all club coordinators and team leaders on April 10th to show our appreciation for their service this year and to provide the materials they will need for the fall. Pray God would give all club volunteers a time of rest and refreshment over the summer and a willing heart to serve for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Pray for God's wisdom and guidance for the CEF staff as we schedule locations for summer Good News Clubs and mentor the summer missionaries. Please pray Philippians 1:9-10 "that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best..."
- Pray for the CEF annual golf tournament to be held on April 24th at The Cliffs at Keowee Falls. Pray for people for a day that will honor God and praise Him for His provision financially.
Thank you for your faithful intercession!
For His glory,
B. J. Bateman
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21